The recent events have unveiled a solid number of titles I would be rather interested in playing the upcoming year. So here’s a few highlights.
1. First up, Uncharted 4: A Theif’s End. Yes I still do need to complete the third game before I even think of this one. Theif’s End looks even prettier and more breathtaking than before and I have always considered it a top trier adventure. Nothing too deep or complex but very enjoyable and very satisfying. I have had a whale of time playing the series eventhough Nathan’s attitude started to rub off on me after the first game and his character has essentially become a George Clooney of video gaming, you know, the kind of happy-go-lucky, carefree, playful, I-live-on-the-edge-without-care ladies man persona I do not have much time for. Still I want to see the finale or at least what I believe is going to be the end of Drake’s escapades.
2. Next, I am glad to see PS Vita library growing, especially in the RPG department. Suikoden II has just been ported to PSN and Vita so I might give it a whirl in the future especially since I have always been intrigued by the series.
3. I used to think I did not have much time or patience for Little Big Planet but the minute I saw the footage for the third game I immediately felt the urge to play so I might seriously consider buying it once it’s out.
4. Now Final Fantasy VII HD for the PS4? I don’t care what they say I will gladly play it again.
5. And finally, the newest edition of Metal Gear Online looks solid and really well-made, like the remaining games in the series. It almost pains to have to say no to it since I’m rather hopeless with competitive titles where frequent shooting is involved.